ABS pipe has broken off a piece

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Could the rats have come in from the sewer and chewed their way out?
Who knows? I find a few things puzzling , 1 look at that picture is that house 4 or 5 years old not that makes a differance but the home looks quite mature (old) and probebly a lot of bushes lush landscape trees and Rats, Im familiar roughly with the bay area quite green and its a paradice for pests the habitat

Cdibuff

Reaction score
Who knows? I find a few things puzzling , 1 look at that picture is that house 4 or 5 years old not that makes a differance but the home looks quite mature (old) and probebly a lot of bushes lush landscape trees and Rats, Im familiar roughly with the bay area quite green and its a paradice for pests the habitat
Home is old but it was torn down to the studs and all plumbing electrical drywall etc brand new from 4 years ago. There are no openings that I can find from the outside. No orifices, all craw space vents are tight and completely sealed. The sewer clean out is good and tight. But obviously the signs show they have somehow made their way into the basement. I don’t know if they dig deep underground tunnels or what not - but traps have been setup.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Home is old but it was torn down to the studs and all plumbing electrical drywall etc brand new from 4 years ago. There are no openings that I can find from the outside. No orifices, all craw space vents are tight and completely sealed. The sewer clean out is good and tight. But obviously the signs show they have somehow made their way into the basement. I don’t know if they dig deep underground tunnels or what not - but traps have been setup.
Great hope you get good results. I get stuck on details I get thinking that aint 4 or 5 years old but its probebly lushly landscaped mature neighborhood its beautiful up there but a good habitat for pests, My guess is a pest guy knowns more than us . My folks had a real nice home but had rats in attic horribly eventualy I noticed filth on the exterior of the house where thier body rubbed lead right to a small hole under an eve right into attic. Maybe hire a guy for one or 2 trips

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks