AAV Legal in Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Lakee911, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

I know we've got some Cincinnati plumbers here....are air admittance valves legal in Cincinnati (Butler County to be exact)? I'll be adding a bar sink to the folks basement and would like to know if we can use one rather than tie in to the existing vent upstairs (requires some drywall cutting on first floor and what not).

I've got an unfinished wall on the other side of the sink. It will be a utility/storage area. It could be put in there, no?

Thx
    Jason
  2. Don't do it!

You'll end up in the pig slop award!

And you're currently in the lead!

Oh wait, that's good, no, that's bad! Wait, no, oh ****! I can't tell which is better.

Just vent it and consider it something that cannot fail by measure of mechanical/moving parts.

Do it right or Do it twice!
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

Yes they are, I work Butler and Warren, but if you can connect with an existing vent it would be better.
  4. Lakee911

Thanks for the info.

Jason
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Oh no! He's gonna pig slop it![​IMG][​IMG]
  6. mikept

mikept DIY Senior Member

Oink"" Aav Oink""
  7. Lakee911

Ha ha ... I just might ;) I'll post a pic if I do.