A very basic question about shower heads

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by CindyJ, Nov 29, 2012.

1. CindyJ

CindyJ Member

Is there such a thing as a single shower head that is stationary that combines with a hand-held unit? To clarify -- I want a regular shower head that's attached to the shower wall, but that has a "water diverter" that will enable it to work with an associated hand-held unit. I'm probably not using the right words to describe what I'm looking for. I'm replacing an old shower head that has a single water source. I'd like a new one to be able to work with either of two shower heads, one being stationary, the other being hand-held. Can anyone point me to a make/model of such a product, if it exists? Thanks!!!
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Widely available. Any plumbing supply or HD, Lowes, Ace...will have it. I am sure your pal google will bring it up. Certainly if you go to Delta or Kohler website, something will come up.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It is a shower head diverter valve. There are several ways they operate. Some are spring loaded pushbutton, others use a turn knob, and others use a Pushon/ push off button to do the switching.
  4. boardable

boardable New Member

Yes. Delta makes one. The line is carlisle. Check it out . Ihave one in my shower. You will love it. Just google Search delta Carlisle
  5. CindyJ

CindyJ Member

So the hand-held component is integrated with the stationary shower head? Interesting...
  6. boardable

boardable New Member

Yes it keeps it simple but functional.