a simple question

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
ha ha ha, OH, yes he is. A complete DIY'ER.
You don't know all the facts, he also states he has NO degree, never had one. Not to this day. I guess it isn't fair to you because you are only relying on a quick bio that they placed there it makes it sound like he got degrees. They assume people will read everything.

He started off as a child building radios from scratch. Then, he built ham radios, 73 to you John, lol.

From there he taught himself further electronics. In the 60's while he built up a radio station he hit upon an invention with the 50 cent piece astonishing EE's, and the likes for YEARS.

He worked in broadcasting, at his own station and then, that of others. He never had any formal education past that of high school, unless, you read on about him it is very misleading, and I guess, no fault of your own to accept that he had degrees, when he did not.

He is not an electrician, he is not an EE, he is not a PH'D, he is just a DIY'er and there is nothing insulting in being just that.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
[SIZE=-1]The first 150 words of the full text of this article appear below.[/SIZE]
Great advances rarely come from massive, federally funded directives. So said the late Francis Moore, M.D., surgeon in chief at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston and Harvard Medical School professor, reflecting on whether the government's war on cancer might ever yield a cure. Rather, he opined, they tend to come from creative people whom no one has heard of before, working in obscurity. Enter John Kanzius, a retired TV engineer and ham radio operator without a college education, whose use of radio waves for treating cancer has brought him to the attention of the cancer world. Featured on the program 60 Minutes last April, Kanzius is now coordinating the research of scientists at the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center—from his home in Erie, Pa.

Cookie

Reaction score
So, is a person posts a thread on this electrical DIY forum, and wants electrical advice, just remember he might be smarter than he sounds, might be smarter than you think or judge him by. He might be someday saving your butt. Give him a fair shake. Remember: this is a DIY'er Forum. No one is saying to go against anything with safety, but technical advice is also, appreciated to them, I am sure.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks