A simple question

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by rj8214, Jul 20, 2007.

1. rj8214

rj8214 New Member

I've been reading the threads posted here and I tell you just from what I've read, I have been able to solve all of my problems but one.

What side of the pump does the psi gage go. Intake or out?

Please advice,

Thanks
    Rob
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  2. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

The pressure switch and guage usually go between the pump output and the pressure tank, and usually closer to the tank than the pump.

If the suction side of the pump had any guage at all, it would be for vacuum rather than pressure.
  3. kingfisher

kingfisher New Member

Question

Hello,

The output or pressure side of the pump is where the gauge should be located.

Kingfisher
  4. rj8214

rj8214 New Member

Thank you

Thanks guys. You've been a great help. My project has come to a close. The gauge is set to 40 PSI to turn the system off and a differential of 20 PSI to turn it on. All systems are a go.

Thanks for the forum and thanks for your help.

Rob