a different shower problem

Users who are viewing this thread

djs

Reaction score
My guest bathroom shower has not been used in over a year. When attempting to get it ready for guests I found very little water coming from the faucet. In fact, better pressure from the shower head than from the faucet. :confused:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like your diverter may be stuck.

Is it a tub spout diverter or a diverter valve?

djs

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't know the technical terms; To turn on the shower, you lift the diverter on top of the faucet

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
What you're calling the "faucet" is the tub spout. Thus, you have a tub spout diverter.

I believe that is where the problem lies.

Remove the tub spout diverter and see if you have normal pressure coming from the stub-out (the pipe that the spout is connected to).

Look for a hidden set-screw. If you find one, you'll need the correct allen wrench to unscrew it. Then pull off the spout. If there's no set screw, you can unscrew the spout using a large channel locks with a rag underneath (to avoid marring the surface).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks