90 degree adaptor

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by David95966, Sep 25, 2013.

1. David95966

David95966 New Member

I want to install a wall mount sink and faucet, but my water supply cones from below the sink. I've attached photos of the kink of sink I'm interested in that seem to have done this. There appears to be a 6" box behind the sink containing the water which does not come from the wall.

My question is, how does the line turn 90 degrees from vertical up to horizontal? Is there an adapter that turns the 90 degrees? If so, what's it called?
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
  2. David95966

David95966 New Member

3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

You didn't tell us what kind of pipe and fittings you have to work with, so it's a bit difficult to say exactly what you should use. The thing pictured is basically a street elbow. It has a male end and a female end. It very well might work if the thread match what you have. It's sure not what I would use however. I'd cut the pipes off and solder an ordinary copper street ell on the pipe then get proper adapter for your sink supply.
  4. dj2

dj2 Member

A 90* connector is called elbow or ell.