9-3/4 rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

Checker

Reaction score
Hi,there!
I have a plan to replace three toilets of my new-bought house. One of my three bathrooms has 9-3/4" rough-in. Could I replace the toilet with a 10" rough-in Toto Drake II? Which model number!
Thanks in advance

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Hi,there!
I have a plan to replace three toilets of my new-bought house. One of my three bathrooms has 9-3/4" rough-in. Could I replace the toilet with a 10" rough-in Toto Drake II? Which model number!
Thanks in advance

Okay. First, let's check. You are measuring your rough-in from the finished wall as opposed to baseboard, right? It should be measured from the finished wall.

Second, there is an Original Drake designed for a 10" rough-in. It is CST744EF.10 (which is a Universal-height 1.28 gpf Watersense toilet) or CST744SF.10 (which is the same bowl, but just 1.6gpf from the tank).

There is enough room behind the Original Drake when installed properly that it can fit on 9-3/4".

There is also an Aquia made for 10". CST412MF.10

If you like the looks of the Drake II, the only way you will get it on 10" is to buy the skirted version of that toilet, called the Vespin II, and buy a 10" unifit adapter, which will allow it to go on 10". CST474CEFG is the toilet and TSU01W.10 is the 10" Unifit adapter for that toilet.

Here is a little primer on the Unifit Adapter; it's a bit dated as far as the toilet names go, as there are newer models that also use the Unifit, and some of the models mentioned have been discontinued, but it will give you the idea of how the system works. https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Checker

Reaction score
Hi,there!
Thank you for the quick reply!
9-3/4" is the distance measured from the finished wall. It will be less than 9-1/2" if I measured from the baseboard. I am gonna go with CST744SF.10. Do you think 9-3/4" is enough for the installation of this model by a un-professional guy. I just have a few times experience of replacing a toilet,but never Toto.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If you have installed a toilet before, this should be easy.

And you can take a look at the first thread in the "toilet" forum section here for a quick guide to installing a Drake.

In some places, the EF may be less expensive than the SF, so wherever you are buying it, I would double check the prices on both. The EF should flush basically as well as the SF, for what it's worth. The bowl is the same "E" bowl on both models, you just have a 1.6gpf tank on the one and a 1.28gpf tank on the other.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks