7000sxt - Sizing For Now vs Sizing For the Future?? Rapidly Growing Family

Users who are viewing this thread

Philadd

Reaction score
Well, I got everything up and running but I'm not sure if I have a problem or not so I need some more help. After getting everything put together I kicked off a backwash and after it finished I was getting some hissing coming from where the brine tube attaches to the valve. No leaks but it was making a bubbling and hissing noise and I could see occasional air bubbles making their way down to the brine tank. Not knowing what to do I went in to the house and opened up all faucets tubs and showers to see if there was still any air in the system. Doing this made it better but it still makes a very faint hissing nose and if you stand there long enough you can still see occasional drops of water escaping from the valve. Is this normal? If not, any ideas what I should check out?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
On any new install it is common to get some minor "debris" into the valve assembly. A tiny piece of teflon tape, a few grains of resin, I have even taken apart valves to find packing peanuts inside of them on new installs. Run the system through another regeneration to try to clean out all of the "stuff" from inside the valve. The Fleck valves all use external brine valves that are easily serviced and tested.

Remove the cover from the valve and confirm it is syncronized correctly. Watch myy video in the link below, it shows how the valve position should be sync'd. sync.jpg

If needed, you may need to remove the backing plate, and check the brine valve and the o-ring behind the ceheck valve. This is also shown in the video.

Philadd

Reaction score
Just watched the video. That is awesome. Thank you so much for everything you do here!!!!!

Philadd

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm back. I watched your video and I've disassembled the valve twice now trying to figure out why I still have a steady stream of water filling the brine tank when I'm in service mode. When you pull the safety pin and brine tube out of the valve you can see a trickle of water coming out. Its just a little bit but it's enough that after a full day and night the level of water in my brine tank was almost to the overflow. Not sure what to do next. Think I may have to see if I can find someone to come and take a look at it.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
If water is running out of the brine line, it is eiher a damaged or missing o-ring under the brine valve, or the brine valve itself has a leak, possibly a damaged seat. You could also remove the Brine valve and o-ring and take a very good look with a flashlight inside the brine valve area to see if there is any scratches inside the brine valve seating area.

PM sent.

Philadd

Reaction score
Ditto - Really appreciate the offer but I think I finally got it. Still not sure exactly what it was but it was driving me crazy last night so at about 1am I started breaking it all down again. I disassembled every valve and oring on that unit. Stopped short of taking the valve off the tank. It was on there too tight. Spent the next hour putting it all back together and it finally seems to be working correctly. Still wish I knew what the problem was but I guess it really doesn't matter now as long as it keeps working. At least if anything ever happens again I'm confident I know how to fix it. Thanks again for everything!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks