7000sxt programming help

Users who are viewing this thread

antbruins

Reaction score
I need some help programming my Fleck 7000sxt/80k. We use about 140gal/day of city water (2 adults/1 toddler). BLFC is .250gpm. Hardness is 25 grains. Is this okay or can I better the settings? Thanks.

DF: GAL
VT: St2b
CT: Fd (Meter Flow Delayed)
C: 30 (capacity)
H: 25 (hardness)
RS: SF (Percentage Safety Factor)
SF: 15 percent
DO: 9 (Day override)
RT: 2:00AM
B1: 10 mins (back wash)
BD: 60 mins (brine draw)
B2: 5 (salt time setting)
RR: 10 mins (rapid rinse)
BF: 12
FM: t1.5 Turbine Meter (7000 default)

EDIT: ...I just noticed I had the copper piping for the inlet and outlet reversed. I let some untreated water in thru the outlet before I realized the mixup. Is this something major I need to worry about or anything I need to look out for?

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Your "80k" would usually indicate that you have 13" x 54" tank with 2.50 cu. ft. of resin in it.

System info (not programmed) salt lb/cuft : 6
BLFC : 0.25
cubic ft resin : 2.5
Raw hardness : 25.0
Estimated gal/day : 180.0
Estimated days each regen : 10.1

Fleck 7000SXT Settings:
DF = Gal
VT = dF2b
CT = Fd
C = 50.0
H = 25.0
RS = cr
CR = 0.0
DO = 28
RT = 2:00
B1 = 8.0
Bd = 60.0
B2 = 5.0
RR = 10.0
BF = 20.0
FM = (don't know ... I am looking at your comment above)
In particular, see C and BF. The C number is not per cuft, but rather is for the 2.5 cuft of resin.

antbruins

Reaction score
Reach,
Thanks for your help. Do I need to be concerned about anything since I had my lines reversed? I opened the line to fill the tank and it was attached to the output. I'm just waiting to get the lines re-piped.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would tend to think you will be OK. While your BF was low, your C was very low. So you regenerated a lot. However it would be backwards, so I hope things are OK.

I think I remember reading that hooked-up-backwards is not as bad as you would think.

antbruins

Reaction score
I didn't even get a chance to start it up. I opened the bypass to fill the tank and realized the lines were flipped. It's going to be a pain fixing the piping. Thanks for your help.

Reach4

Reaction score
I didn't even get a chance to start it up. I opened the bypass to fill the tank and realized the lines were flipped. It's going to be a pain fixing the piping. Thanks for your help.
It would have been easy with flex lines to the softener.

Reach4

Reaction score

Bannerman

Reaction score
.I just noticed I had the copper piping for the inlet and outlet reversed.
Correct the connections ASAP

With the inlet and outlet reversed, resin maybe discharged into your plumbing system during times of high water demand. That will not only result in loss of capacity from the softener but the resin in the plumbing can create a big mess. Faucet aerators, laundry, dishwasher & ice machine solenoids can all be plugged and resin in the water heater can create issues, particularly with a gas WH as the resin can create an insulation layer at the bottom of the tank.

antbruins

Reaction score
I corrected the connections, added salt, and ran the cold until the water wasn't yellow anymore. I tested the water and it's still hard. We're down to 7, but shouldn't it be at or near zero? Was I supposed to do anything other than add salt and turn it on? Does it take some time to get it down to zero?

Bannerman

Reaction score
Was I supposed to do anything other than add salt and turn it on?
Yes. You needed to manually add the appropriate quantity of water to the brine tank so as to prepare brine for the next regeneration cycle. This is needed for a new softener installation or following brine tank cleaning,

We're down to 7, but shouldn't it be at or near zero?
Are you testing the cold water exiting the softener? Some homes are pre-plumbed so that the cold line to the kitchen sink is not softened. What type of test kit are you using?

antbruins

Reaction score
The hardness was at zero, but I just recently tested my water after having dry skin and we seem to be back at 7 again. Any ideas?

Did I put too much salt in the brine tank? Not enough water?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Add 5 gallons of water to the brine tank, wait 60 minutes, push/hold the regen button to manually start a regeneration. What test kit are you using? Once it finishes the regeration, push and release the regen button so the system will regenerate that night.

antbruins

Reaction score
I'm using the Hach 5B. I started the manual regeneration right now. I hope it fixes the problem.

I have a few questions. As my water usage changes, do I need to change the settings? Also, does the city's water hardness fluctuate and do I need to do anything to account for that?

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a few questions. As my water usage changes, do I need to change the settings? Also, does the city's water hardness fluctuate and do I need to do anything to account for that?
You would want to set the hardness to the highest you will see. You don't want to keep adjusting up and down, unless you feel like it. That would be a lot of work for a little savings.

antbruins

Reaction score
I did the forced manual regeneration and the water tested at 14gpg. I then scheduled the overnight regeneration and now my water is testing at 3gpg. How do I get it down to zero?

Bannerman

Reaction score
It appears that the programmed settings may not be appropriate. Post all currently programmed settings for review.

Also suggest to verify the brine fill flow rate. If you disconnect the brine line at the top of the brine tank, advance the controller to 'BF' to measure the flow rate from the open line by timing the flow into a graduated container. If you have a 1 gallon container, it should fill in 4 minutes if the BLFC rate is actually 0.25 gpm.

Edited to add:
Did I put too much salt in the brine tank?

More salt than is needed for regeneration, always needs to be maintained in the brine tank. The salt will only be dissolved by the water to a maximum rate of 3 pounds per gallon. The brine tank can be filled to the top with salt.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I did the forced manual regeneration and the water tested at 14gpg. I then scheduled the overnight regeneration and now my water is testing at 3gpg. How do I get it down to zero?
Could it be that it is down to zero, but the hard water that was in the path to the faucet had not been replaced/diluted enough yet? It happens. Try running 5 gallons water from the cold faucet connected closest to the softener output before taking a sample from that faucet.

Yes, post your current settings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks