7000SXT Error 0

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
True, but... the SXT board "short the capacitor" method has been common practice for many years in the same way "remove the battery" has been for other valves and boards. I have yet to see one of these capacitors "pop", but this may be a little luck on my part.

rattle_snake

Reaction score
System down again, Error 0. I unplugged a few days ago now when powered display is blank/no backlight. I didn't get around to replacing brine valve so board is corroded further.

Upon inspection under microscope, one of the motor connector pins had broke loose in the plated hole from a cold solder joint..... I reflowed damaged areas, will see if it comes back alive.

rattle_snake

Reaction score
Board is alive again. I think the corrosion on the programming header may have been holding system in reset. Ordered a brine valve to fix the leaks.

Reach4

Reaction score
Board is alive again. I think the corrosion on the programming header may have been holding system in reset. Ordered a brine valve to fix the leaks.
That break in the solder would seem to explain the title symptom, since reflowing the solder cleared that symptom. Nice troubleshooting.

J. Blakley

Reaction score
Sorry, Don't mean to completely resurrect an old thread, but since people will likely be reading these threads for several more years, I thought I'd throw in some info that will be relevant to anyone else attempting repairs on the Fleck 7000. Fleck has discontinued the 7000 control valve back in 2016. They have only promised parts availability for about 5 years from the point of discontinuation, so parts may only be available through about 2021. Some dealers and OEM's had already reported difficulty in obtaining parts as of late 2018. If you have extensive repairs to do on your 7000 model, it may be best to update the control valve with another valve type or even replace the entire unit so you aren't throwing a bunch of money into an obsolete machine...

Paul Altemus

Reaction score
What would any of you recommend as a replacement? I am currently caught in an endless circle of Fleck 7000sxt hell for the last month. I'm so desperate that I am manually running a regen by turning the cam according to the default stage times. It's a great way to waste a Sunday afternoon. Which Fleck model can I spin on, connect the hoses and not worry too much about? Bullet proof would be nice but whatever moves, breaks or wears. Reliable would be nice.

Reach4

Reaction score
What would any of you recommend as a replacement? I am currently caught in an endless circle of Fleck 7000sxt hell for the last month. I'm so desperate that I am manually running a regen by turning the cam according to the default stage times. It's a great way to waste a Sunday afternoon. Which Fleck model can I spin on, connect the hoses and not worry too much about? Bullet proof would be nice but whatever moves, breaks or wears. Reliable would be nice.
Matching the diameter of the distributor tube would be the part you would have to pay attention to. If you have a 1.05 OD (same as 3/4 inch pvc pipe) distributor tube, you could use 5600sxt or 5800sxt or 5810 sxt. The 5810 is for 1 inch plumbing and the other two are mainly 3/4. But each can be adapted.

So your 7000SXT could have a failed motor or a failed control board. I am not a pro.

Pretty much all common tanks for 2 cuft or less of resin have a 2.5" x 8 tpi (thread per inch) industry standard thread.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The 5810 and 5812 can be adapted to the 7000 32mm riser pipe with ease. You may have a 1.05" pipe. Please see the video for a better explanation. Post a picture of your valve plumbing so we can make the best determination as to which plumbing technique would be the easiest.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks