60x30 cast iron tub with apron?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by kathyc, Aug 15, 2010.

1. kathyc

kathyc New Member

I'm on the hunt for a 60x30 cast iron soaker tub. My current space is a left-handed alcove tub/shower combo.

The best option I've found so far is the Kohler Villager , It's definitely a steal -- -- but I'd be willing to spring for a more expensive tub if I could get more height for a true soaker tub.

My current tub dimensions are 66'' L x 30'' W x 17'' H. I don't have much room width wise, and I haven't been able to find anything that's 66x30, so I figured I'd just build out one wall a bit and have a cubby for toiletries.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2010
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Kohler Villager is a good tub. I believe that Kohler also makes a 66x32 tub in cast.
  3. kathyc

kathyc New Member

@Terry - Thanks for the reply! I'm seriously considering the Villager, but I really want more height if I can find it. I would also consider a longer tub, but width wise, I really can't make 32'' work, which is why it's been so challenging finding a true soaker tub.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I"ve never seen a 30" true soaker tub.
    I've seen 32" and 36", but not 30".

Homes built in the 20's had tall thin tubs like that, but that was 90 years ago.
  5. kathyc

kathyc New Member

Makes a lot of sense. So far, the closest thing I've been able to find is a Porcher drop-in that's 59" L x 27 3/4" W x 19 5/8" H, http://www.qualitybath.com/product~name~Porcher 60320~ID~71275.htm. Not only is the tub far more, but I assume the surround and additional tile work would put me way over the top. If it were an apron, I might consider it if I could find some dollars elsewhere with a less expensive vanity or toilet, etc.
  6. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

When you start looking at lines like Porcher, St. Thomas Creations, etc. the $$$ add up fast! You will find more variety if you are willing to look at acrylics as well as cast iron. I would look at the complete American Standard catalog, and also check Lasco Bathware. If style and appearance are important, a deck mounted tub is all the rage, but it is more difficult to install and maintain.