60" tub in 59" space

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by rickclements, Apr 13, 2009.

1. rickclements

rickclements New Member

I want to replace the 30 year old blue tub in my ensuite with a new tub, but all the new tubs are 60" and my inside wall to inside wall space is 57". I don't want to go to a 54" tub but need suggestions on modifying the wall studs to accomodate the 60" tub. Any ideas?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Tubs are 60 " stud to stud. Are you measuring the 59" stud to stud, or finished wall to finished wall??
  3. rickclements

rickclements New Member

current measurement is finished wall to finished wall. I guess with the 2 applications of 1/2 drywall and tile it measure out to the 60" length. will keep posting as job progresses.

Cheers
  4. killavolt

killavolt In the Trades

Is that like five pounds of flour in a three pound bag?