6 inch crackin new plastic tub

Users who are viewing this thread

roeboat109

Reaction score
We had a new aqua-glass tub installed by a licensed ins.,he said,carpenter last summer.Christmas day we saw a leak downstairs.I thought it was the drain pipes.No it was the tub upstairs had a 6 inch crack in it. Is there a way to repair it permanently. The company did send us a new tub replacment.The carpenter wont come back. Ive talked to him. I have tried to give him a chance because he is a good tiler and it could have been the fault of the tub. any help for repair. Its hard to get anyone to do anything anymore.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While a defect in the tub is possible, most times, it's the installation that creates the problem. Where is the crack?

The thing needs to have the ledger boards properly installed, and especially if the floor isn't perfectly flat and level (rare!), it needs to be installed in a bed of mortar or some other compatible product. If there is any flex in the tub when you step into it, or if it didn't have the ledger boards installed properly, it will likely crack.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The aqua glass tubs are well known to have this problem. There was just another post like this here a week or so ago, and it wasn't the first either.

I would be shopping for a better quality tub and give the new aqua glass to someone you really don't care for.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks