5600sxt 48k....

Users who are viewing this thread

willwillx

Reaction score
i put in 160 pounds of salt during install.. Tomorrow a week later is our likely regen day based on heavy laundry usage this week. If it were to regend once every 7 days. How much solar salt would i need monthly?

willwillx

Reaction score
forgot to add, i used the hach mix and with softener running it's just 1 drop to make the water blue

Reach4

Reaction score
Salt use each regeneration will depend on the BLFC value and the BF minutes the controller is programmed with.

Alternatively, if you have your hardness level and number of people, we can estimate salt use from that.

willwillx

Reaction score
Hi reach 4, I will look at the values i saved during setup. We have 2 people + a baby doing cloth diapering,so we do laundry 3x a week for the baby as well.

Reach4

Reaction score
Worst case for usage, which would be 15 pounds of salt per cubic ft of resin, each regeneration would take 22.5 pounds of salt. With more economical settings, 6 pounds of salt per cuft uses 9 pounds of salt for each regeneration.

If you can get your BLFC value and hardness and iron levels, we can suggest possible changes to your settings if they are not already that way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks