5000 ProFlo rebuild tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
This time it was with a 14 year old 5000 ProFlo that I recently removed from my moms house to install a 5800LXT. The 5000 has never been serviced in any way, all of the parts are original. The 5800 is a direct replacement including the drain line.

[video=youtube;Db0cWKWju54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db0cWKWju54&list=UUL7f2aKKWBuAhzru29_Wv5A& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
OMG, that was painful <sarcasm> . It was twice as difficult as the Clack WS1 and maybe about 50% more difficult than the 7000.

But still, easier than most home improvement projects.

Another good video Dittohead. You should sell a water softener rebuild video series.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Thanks. The Fleck and Clack are very easy to work on and maintain, especially compared to some other control valves. I have rebuilt thousands of 5600 valves, and can easily do them in the dark, including changing the motor, rebuilding the drive train etc. I will do several other valves over the coming months. One of my competitors called me up and asked my permission to use these videos. I did not put my name or any indication of who makes them so service companies can use them for training if they wish. And a to my competitor, I was glad to let them use it. I am actually doing a minor revision for them as well.

As always, I appreciate the feedback!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks