5000 ProFlo rebuild tutorial

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by ditttohead, Nov 25, 2012.

1. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

This time it was with a 14 year old 5000 ProFlo that I recently removed from my moms house to install a 5800LXT. The 5000 has never been serviced in any way, all of the parts are original. The 5800 is a direct replacement including the drain line.

[video=youtube;Db0cWKWju54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db0cWKWju54&list=UUL7f2aKKWBuAhzru29_Wv5A& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]
  2. ByteMe

ByteMe New Member

OMG, that was painful <sarcasm> . It was twice as difficult as the Clack WS1 and maybe about 50% more difficult than the 7000.

But still, easier than most home improvement projects.

Another good video Dittohead. You should sell a water softener rebuild video series.
  3. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Thanks. The Fleck and Clack are very easy to work on and maintain, especially compared to some other control valves. I have rebuilt thousands of 5600 valves, and can easily do them in the dark, including changing the motor, rebuilding the drive train etc. I will do several other valves over the coming months. One of my competitors called me up and asked my permission to use these videos. I did not put my name or any indication of who makes them so service companies can use them for training if they wish. And a to my competitor, I was glad to let them use it. I am actually doing a minor revision for them as well.

As always, I appreciate the feedback!