489' galvanized drop pipe in 5" pvc casing

Users who are viewing this thread

Inwywind

Reaction score
I am planning on adding 5 sections of pipe which will put my pump 20' from the bottom of my well. My pitless adapter says it is rated for 960' (Doesn't say drop pipe material) so I assume that it will hold the weight. I am concerned about the casing being able to hold this weight. Should this be a concern or should I look into a different type of pitless adapter(what kind) or changing to PVC drop pipe.

How long does PVC piping last before it should be replaced?

Thanks in advance

Inwywind

Reaction score
I'm curious, what pump is in there?

Currently I have a one horse motor sitting at 380' in a 500' well looking to change to a 1 1/2 horse. My question is for verifying that my pvc well casing can hold the weight of all of the galvanized pipe. Seems like what the pitless adapter can hold would be secondary to what the pvc casing can handle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks