4" Plastic Tube in Brine Tank Cracked

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by TJanak, Nov 3, 2011.

1. TJanak

TJanak Member

The vertical 4" plastic tube that has the float, etc. inside it has cracked at the bottom. The cracks begin from the uppermost slit in the tube and looks like they were caused by the salt grid being pretty tight around the tube and the weakness caused by those slits.

I guess I need to replace it, but need to know where to get one.

I thought about using schedule 20 pvc in 4" but the OD is too large. Maybe there is a 4" OD pvc tubing? The stuff that's in the tank currently seems pretty brittle.
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

3. TJanak

TJanak Member

Thanks.

Travis