4 Inch PVC Sewer Line Through Cinder Block Foundation Wall In Crawl Space

Users who are viewing this thread

DanMcD

Reaction score
Do you need a protective sleeve to bring a 4 Inch PVC sewer line through the hole in my Cinder Block Foundation Wall?

My plumber says no. Also, they seal the hole so water does not enter my crawl space.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF you put a sleeve around the pipe, then you have to seal the sleeve AND the pipe. THe only time I use a sleeve is when I give it to the block layers and they put it into the wall and I run the pipe through it later.

DanMcD

Reaction score
So what is the reason/rationale behind the code in NC to require using a sleeve any time time a pipe is run through a foundation wall?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A sleeve might allow you to replace the pipe at some later time without having to break the wall. Depending on the temperature extremes, a sleeve might allow the pipe to expand and contract without rubbing on the concrete. Some soils swell and shrink depending on their moisture content and a sleeve might allow a little flexibility so the pipe isn't rubbing or flexing directly in the concrete wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks