4" grommet but existing pipe is 3"

Users who are viewing this thread

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing a sewage basin. The house waste pipe that goes into the old sewage basin is 3" yet I have a 4" grommet and 4" hole in the new basin. How can I seal this up properly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
If the "house waste pipe" has standard O.D. size as typical abs/pvc dwv pipes, then you can use an adapter.

They even have rupper no-hub couplers that that reduce different sizes.

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
If the "house waste pipe" has standard O.D. size as typical abs/pvc dwv pipes, then you can use an adapter.

They even have rupper no-hub couplers that that reduce different sizes.
So you use the adapter in reverse, like an expander instead of a reducer?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You always go bigger in the direction of flow. What you want is a 4x3 spigot flush bushing, or you use a stub of 4" pipe into the basin.

Last edited:

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
You always go bigger in the direction of flow. What you want is a 4x3 spigot flush bushing, or you use a stub of 4" pipe into the basin.
then why are they called reducers? :) That would be smaller in the direction of flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks