3D Stone and Tile Options - The new look of modern tile design

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Setting the Tile Edging and building out the thickness of the backer board.

Have 1/2" millwork diving into the tile edging. Glass mosaic is thin thin. Used 8+9 from Ardex to set the tile profile and the face of some cheap wall tile. Then I banded the little tiles and the next day set the glass.

Did you know Ardex 8+9 is also classed as a thin-set? Can be used for tile over tile installs? It's waterproof ! Certainly not orange in colour.... That's what I like best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
That green glass should look killer with the black tops. I like contrast. The stark white, I wanna live in the Apple store, isn't my thing.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
That green glass should look killer with the black tops. I like contrast. The stark white, I wanna live in the Apple store, isn't my thing.

Thanks Vegas. I'm tiling the widow sill as well. And the back side of the tall shower niche....

I had all ready tiled the back of the niche with white tile. Lucky for me I have Ardex 8+9 for a little tile over tile loving...

I'm told that was the design plan all a long..... My buddies place. I think he just changed his mind. Or I had been drinking beer when we discussed the concept. Both have proven to happen on occasion on this job site....

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
John....Light that niche up have a beer and tell us now how your Stratamat floor float job held up ? It appears your buddy is still letting you into his home so thats a good sign!!!!! ??

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Counter Balance.

It's amazing the floor is still in one piece. Not sure how that happened? LOL

I bet Jim is just itching to ask technical that question when he goes to Latitraining.

Maybe if he took his head out of his ass (Visual Aid to showcase my point) and emailed Schluter the same technical question he would find out what I did was OK....

Or not.

The niche is lit as well. I can not wait to see it with the lights on. The tile has a iridescent character to most of the tiles. I think it is going to look great.

Going to help him out some more this weekend. I fire up the lighting and ensure a beer is in the photo. Does Vodka Orange work in case the beer is out?

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
Roberto the install looks great. I bet Jim is researching the products now and forming a blast post as we speak.

Can you use Microtec Technology over Jim's beloved "S" Product? Or is the Microtec some type of additive which "Modify's" the thin-set making it preform better?

Thanks , John.

Give you some hints :

1. Lippage in excess of any known recommendations by the NTCA , ANSI , or any handbook available .

2. Used liquid membrane ...a no-no if you read the disasters article about them .

3. Used modified non sag mortar .....are you kidding me ? All what you need is 50psi. It says in the handbook and many other places.

4. Who needs to spend hours and hours and hours .....just use kerdiboard and in an hour you can accomplish what days and weeks cannot .

I think I am going dark now . Crawl in my cave filled with old habits , old ways and obsolete knowledge ..........my bed is made with the tenth of thousands styrofoam coffee cups saved from the working days .....I should be protected -- waterproofed and protected by adequate support/load distribution -- .

Gone to chill.

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
If I could only find the megger - need that one too in the new ways world - .......shit, it says " Installer error "

Last edited:

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
Chill time's over, Berto. Gotta get your shit together. :p
[video=youtube;QJelsOHe6xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJelsOHe6xk&app=desktop[/video]

Putting it together is like hydbrid showers .....or like hybrid music .

[video=youtube;s5uuPl7SxQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5uuPl7SxQc[/video]

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
crisman_american_standard_001-590x786.jpg

3D Tile

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks