32 gallon 100 psi h2ow-to tank Not shutting off

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Cjdukes, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Cjdukes

Cjdukes New Member

We just had a brand new h2ow-to tank put in about a month ago. We just noticed yesterday that it is constantly running with no demand from the house. My father in law is 86 and not able to take care of this himself.
    Would appreciate any kind of advise to help rule out any situation that could be happening.

any help would be a God send..

Thank You
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

If the pressure is not building to 50 or 60, which should shut off the pump, then you probably have a leak somewhere. If the pressure climbs high and the pump doesn't shut off, the little line to your pressure switch is probably clogged.
  3. Cjdukes

Cjdukes New Member

I am sorry I should have explained that although the tank is max 100psi it is set for 45psi. So would it be under the same concept that if it builds up to 45psi and does not shut off, that it could be a leak? and if so.. how can we rule out where the leak could be coming from?? thank you again so much
  4. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  5. Cjdukes

Cjdukes New Member

the reading when the pump wont shut off is 45psi
  6. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Do you know what the cut-on and cut-off pressures were when the pump operated normally? The AIR pressure in the tank has to be set to at least 2 psi LOWER than the cut-on pressure when the tank is empty of all water.

Valveman is right in that you may have a leak which would likely be in the pump's drop pipe in the well.
  7. Cjdukes

Cjdukes New Member

It would cut on at 32 and cut off at 45
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  8. Cjdukes

Cjdukes New Member

I would like to thank you all for your help.. My husband went out and checked the pressure switch, and found it was stuck :) ...