30" code for toilet....15" from center to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Elite

Reaction score
So I'm redoing a tight bathtoom. It's about 106" total. Left to right I'm going to be doing vanity (wall mount) 32", sink top may hang over an inch. Then 15" on each side if the toilet to code I believe. My question is if the shower is around 40ish do i need 15 off center to the shower door, the threshold, or the shower floor itself? Pic included.....just want to maximize shower floor. I wish I could do a curbless design but that probably gets expensive although I am doing a full demo and it'll be open to the basement. Anyway.....15" from center to door or curb which is 4ish inches? What's the right way?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161130-140606.png
    Screenshot_20161130-140606.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 147

Elite

Reaction score
Thanks reach. Seems like "elbow room" so if there is a toilet paper roll or whatever that's fine.

Stuff - we have talked about a vanity on the window wall, but I didnt quite make the window Dow size right. It's about 3ft-3.5ft so even if I expand and get 5.5ft-6ft on that wall I think it'll be awkward having a window over the vanity, or partially over it. 2nd thing is in the basement my circuit breaker box is right below..... literally almost a straight shot down so then that seems to open up another can of worms, but maybe not. Not sure what the water code and electrical codes are. This is a tentative plan but I just want as much knowledge as possible going into it. I'm not doing the work but I like to be educated so I'm researching to plan properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks