3-Way shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Leroy Syrop

Reaction score
We are building a cabana with a shower. My wife and I enjoy showering together. We want to have simultaneous flow from both the shower head and the handheld. All the single-handle valves I've found have a diverter which permits flow from only one head at a time. I think I could plumb two single-handle valves (one to mix hot and cold input and one to supply the two heads in what ever proportion we like). I realize we will be sacrificing pressure and flow when both are on but we can accept that. Do you have any better idea or know of an available valve to do this?

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
you can increase flow if you upsize your pipe, at any point along the chain!

Leroy, if you install separate hot and cold taps, using 3/4" pipe for the mixer T, and 3/4" for the run to the splitter T, and for that splitter T, and even for the run to each shower head (/handheld), you will get more flow. The second T can be in the wall copper so it costs less than a chrome fixture.

I like your idea of using single-handle valves too. :)

david

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks