1. jravenger

jravenger New Member

I have three options for a new water softner.

1. Get a autotrol 255/760 installed 1 year service, lifetime on parts and tank.

2. get a clack ws-1 installed for the same price as the autotrol and only manufacturers 5 year on head and 10 on tank no service.

3. install the autotrol myself and save 300.00 but only get the regular 5 year on head and 10 on tank.

one side note I have 11grains hardness and 1part iron. one company says turbulator and c-249 and the other says no turbulator and fine mesh resin with gravel base. (on private well)

Thanks for any feedback..
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Go with the Clack valve... better valve than the Autotrol.
  3. jravenger

jravenger New Member

Thanks, I know clack is better but is it 300.00 better then the autotrol? If yes then I will pull the trigger. If not I think the autotrol will be my choice. Question if a part breaks on the clack would you need to call a dealer/service call to get the part or will they just order it for you. I think I am going to go with the tubulator over the fine mesh. It seems the fine mesh is for over 3parts iron is that right. Thanks again for any thoughts.
  4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

I sent you a private message about the Clack units.
  5. jravenger

jravenger New Member

send again I think I deleted it..