3/4" or 1" main trunk supply line in house?

Users who are viewing this thread

afrye707

Reaction score
Hi guys I am getting ready to run all new plumbing in a rental home I am building. My well guy has 1-1/4" poly coming into my utility room. The home is a single story just under 2,500 square feet. The plumbing is simple 2 full baths, 1 half bath, 1 kitchen, and a laundry room and the longest run from the poly in the utility to the furthest fixture is 65 feet. Would you run a 1" PEX main loop then pull 3/4" off the main line and branch off the 3/4" to 1/2" PEX to fixture? Or would you ditch the 1" main line and just run a 3/4" with 1/2" take offs to each fixture.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
At least 1" for the main line. PEX is smaller than copper sizing.
https://terrylove.com/watersize.htm

pipe_size_2.jpg

pipe_size_1.jpg

Last edited:

afrye707

Reaction score
Have you considered a manifold system?
I am using Uponor Propex EP multi-port system. I already own the Milwaukee Propex tools from installing and working on Hydronic heating systems. So I am already familiar with the fittings and systems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks