3/4 flowtech well pump problems

Users who are viewing this thread

pharrington

Reaction score
I replaced my 1/2 flowtech well pump with a 3/4 last year because the small one finally died on me. This is a 2 wire setup and I think 230 volt. Everything was working great until the other day when we had a huge electrical storm. One of the 20 amp breakers tripped and the water shut off. I found the breaker and reset it along with the other one that had not. The pump started but would now shut off around 50 psi. I figured the pressure switch was the problem so I replaced it with a new 30-60psi. The pump will start at 28psi then shut off around 50 but the points in the pressure switch will still be in contact. Then if I wait around for a few minutes the pump will come on again then shut off, with the points still in contact. After about 2 or 3 cycles of this the pressure will reach 60, the points will open and the pump will shut off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks