2nd toilet recent install losing water in bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

roms

Reaction score
In our new addition I installed the new toilet and it is loosing water in the bowl.

No leaks but do notice water movement when the other toilet its flushed (same floor).

Our other toilet is great...10 flush...will take a soccer ball with it.

Our new toilet is a Glacier Bay Niagara flapperless, which I am disappointed in the fact that we need to flush twice for any solids to go.

It takes about 5 hours before the water level gets to the point before you can HERE other rooms activities.

Venting was done by my contractor and passed inspection. Could this be a mismatch in toilets?

Anything else I should be checking?

Only one vent stack leaving the roof but many branches tie to it.

Glacier Bay Flapperless Toilet

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the home was plumbed using a cross fitting, then flushing one toilet may force water out of the bowl nearby.

Plumbing codes and the right way to plumb for the new high performance toilets has not caught up.

I would not recommend using cross fittings for toilets.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Since it is a Glacier Bay toilet, I would not be surprised to find that it has an internal leak causing the water loss. But there is no way to tell you WHAT is happening, until you determine WHEN the water disappears. Just having water movement when the other toilet flushes does not mean that the other toilet is causing the water loss. And HAVING vents is not the same as having vents WHERE they should be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks