21 1/2 in length toilet recommendations

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by dahoser, Oct 5, 2004.

1. dahoser

dahoser New Member

Hi, I am looking for a 20-22 inch long ADA toilet for a coffeehouse unisex restroom. The reason that it needs to be that short is so that we still have the 50 inch diameter of dead space that is required by the county. What do you recommend for the 200-400 dollar range?
    Also - Can I convert my 1/2 inch water source to 1 inch in order to use a tankless toilet? Will I have enough pressure in that 1/2 inch source?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Phil
  2. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

ADA 60"

I have not researched elongated toilets for distance but are you sure of the 50" measurement? If you're trying to be ADA compliant then the turning radius is 60". Clear spaces depend on which bathroom figure you have but it sounds like you have a single room without stalls. Also remember that the trip lever needs to be on the wide space of the room.
  3. dahoser

dahoser New Member

woops, ya, I meant 60 inches. I was thinking 5 feet, so I said 50...gotta work on my math - 10 inches to a foot! :)

Is it hard to convert my 1/2 inch to 1 inch for pressure flush (tankless)?
    Thanks,
    Phil