2008 ..... Pig Slop Award.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Mark...I just have to comment...The pretty blue glue really set the whole thing off nicely.

It makes it look...well...like it is done right.

BurleyMike

Reaction score
This is what the guy that plumbed the house in 1958 did. I still wonder how it has worked as well as it has for 50 years. I am looking forward to redoing all this.

The washing machine has no trap unless you count the pipe sloping backwards 2" in 10' towards the washing machine stand pipe. It has no vent unless you count where the 10' run ends in the vent for a toilet and sink.

You can see where they used a sanitary tee on it's back to the toilet. The lead work is very sloppy. I could not get very good pictures.

This spring I have to replace that section of the main beam since they decided to butcher it like they did.

When I bought the house this was sort of a finished basement so I could not see any of this. After the basement flooded from a broken canal I had to gut it. Glad that happened what a mess it all is.

I still need to replace all the supply lines since they used 1/2 galvanized for everything. It is starting to really close up.

Attachments

• mess1.jpg
    mess1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 695
  • mess2.jpg
    mess2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 711
  • mess3.jpg
    mess3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 699

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
The winner of the PIG SLOP award...

I hate to be the winner, especially when
I am the one who started this thread last year..

no one really posted anything even near some of
the dog crap that I posted here. through the season....

Winning this award sort of makes me feel like the Clintons...

Oh well ......the engraved plunger goes to me.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yes Mark You have posted all the good stuff...
I was hoping that I'd get a new camera by now I guess I'll just have to stop waiting for it to come as a present and go buy it myself...

I say we carry this on into a Pig Slop 2009 thread complete with a new prize at the end of the year. It's definitely one of the threads that I enjoy seeing pop to the top of the list with new postings.:D

Maybe have an annual award like "The Pig Slop Cup"

redwood-16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
We rented a cottage in West Seattle for the Holidays to provide a place for the extended family to gather for the week and be close to my wife's mom who lives in a retirement home nearby. It was a rather nice place, old but clean and well kept. On the second day of our stay, I happened to go into the basement laundry and furnace room. There I saw 2 fairly large electric water heaters. I did a double take when I saw the way the T/P valves were plumbed. Rather than going to within 6" of the floor, these were very neatly piped upward into pipes that disappeared into the ceiling! When I looked outside, these pipes had been extend through the exterior wall to the outside. Sorry, I got no photos.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Pig slop is everywhere!
We just gotta get more pictures of it...

8739966_sb.jpg

On sale this week at Best Buy for $129.99
added by Terry
I like these because they run on two double A's.
I carry four extra batteries with me, and that way I'm always shooting.

Probedude

Reaction score

Good camera. I picked one up for my daughter just before Christmas for a bit less. In fact it's there now, on sale for less with free shipping (and for me no tax either).

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping Santa would come through with one of these...

redwood-15.jpg

But she heard something else....

Probedude

Reaction score
But you'd really not want to keep something that nice bouncing around in your work truck.

I've got a D70 that I bought back when they came out, bought a number of lenses since then. There's still something to be said for a simple, small, reliable point and shoot. Whenever we're out and I want to bring my D70, I'm also slugging a backpack filled with equipment around with me also.

With my P&S I can just tell my wife , "Hon, can you hold this for a while" :p

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks