2" well driller in Brazoria County

Users who are viewing this thread

cr506

Reaction score
I need a 2" well drilled in Jones Creek in Brazoria County, TX

I only need the well. I have the pump & tank and everything else.

My neighbor recently had a 2" well and had to go to 640'. Another neighbor went about 590'.

I would imagine mine would be similar. Any recommendations?

Most places I have called either won't drill a 2" well, won't drill a 2" well that deep or won't travel this far to drill.

There are issues beyond my control that won't allow me to use the company my neighbor used. I have a certain amount for the well rolled into financing & the water well company is not allowed to deal with the home seller. I don't know the specifics. All I know is I had another company lined up & they backed out at the last minute & now I'm stuck scrambling for a well. I can't afford a 4" well.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I don’t see how you would get any pump to work that deep in a 2” well? The water would have to come up to within a couple hundred feet of the surface for a deep well jet and packer to work.

I wouldn’t think a 4” well would be much more than a 2” well. The 4” would serve you better as it would allow a submersible pump and you would have more options for drillers. There is a reason you are having problems finding someone to drill a 2” well that deep.

cr506

Reaction score
2" well is about $5,200 for well only. 4" quotes are coming in at $8,000 and higher for well only. I would love to have a 4" well but I cannot afford it.

My neighbor claims to be having no problems with their 640' well with jet assembly @ 60'.

I don’t see how you would get any pump to work that deep in a 2†well? The water would have to come up to within a couple hundred feet of the surface for a deep well jet and packer to work.

I wouldn’t think a 4†well would be much more than a 2†well. The 4†would serve you better as it would allow a submersible pump and you would have more options for drillers. There is a reason you are having problems finding someone to drill a 2†well that deep.

cr506

Reaction score
Happy to report the driller I had set up has reconsidered & agreed to drill the well. It might make a little sand but I'm okay with that. I plan to put a good, deep 4" well in 5 years and use this one for livestock.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks