2" Well Casing & Well Help

Users who are viewing this thread

the1safety

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

We selected a piece of property in SW Michigan because it already had an old 2" well drilled on the land and we knew we were going to need one for irrigation. The old well pump was submerged in a 6'x 6' uncovered well pit for 10+ years due to rain and snow accumulation.

Now that we have drained the pit and removed the old, rusty vertical motor/pump assembly we would like to "reactivate" the well for irrigation. However, the old well seal is rusted and the threads (see the picture) are shot so we can't connect anything.

The well seal is too rusty to re-thread (see the pic) and I've looked for a replacement seal for for a couple weeks. Also, the cost of a new well is too expensive and we're not going to start all over with a new one anyway - reinventing the wheel, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get a new jet well seal for a 2" well? Or, any suggestions other than that?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer folks!

Here's a link to a picture of the well and seal: click here.

Attachments

• bighead_pump.jpg
    bighead_pump.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 580
Last edited by a moderator:

the1safety

Reaction score
Look in your yellow pages under Pumps for pump distributors and call some of them. But looking at the picture, I don't give you much chance to get the old well working. If you go to a pump supply house (pump distributor) take that picture with you.

Thanks Gary - if you take a look at my original statement, I've been looking for several weeks for a solution. I'm checking here because suppliers around here can't help.

the1safety

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Can you send a wind mill pump down the hole 1.75" - and pump it with a reciprocating rod? [pull all the old crap out of the hole]

the1safety

Reaction score
Can you send a wind mill pump down the hole 1.75" - and pump it with a reciprocating rod? [pull all the old crap out of the hole]

Thanks for your comment ballvalve - we cleaned out enough threads on the the well seal to connect a pump - we'll see. We haven't attempted to pump yet due to large amounts of rain here in SW Michigan over the last few days. We're going to try this last thing before abandoning the existing well seal.

I'll update when I can

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks