2" Stack Vent

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jpb123, Jan 24, 2012.

1. jpb123

jpb123 New Member

How many fixture units can a 2" stack vent serve. I have a 3" stack that serves a full bathroom on one side side of my house, a 1.5 inch stack that serves a kitchen and a 2" stack that serves one toilet and a sink. I am considering connecting my basement bathroom addition to the 2" stack (easiest to get to). How many more fixtures units could I add to the 2" stack?
  2. jpb123

jpb123 New Member

I probably should clarify that the stack comes out of the basement floor as a 3" stack until just above the toilet discharge and reduces to a 2" line up to the sink and through the roof. Not sure it this matters or not.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The 2" vent will be adequate, but you have to attach your vent at least 42" above the upstair's bathroom floor.
  4. jpb123

jpb123 New Member

Thank you!