2" shallow well setup information

Users who are viewing this thread

KyleW

Reaction score
I recently dug/washed in a 2" well 30' deep, it is screened from 18' to 30'. The static water level is at 17'. I plan to use a shallow well jet pump to water the grass, garden, etc. Should I hook the jet pump directly to the 2" well pipe with a 2" horizontal check between the well and pump or should I drop a line down into the well with a foot valve? I originally planned to drop a foot valve and bought a 1 1/4 foot valve, it does fit down the 2" well but its a tight fit. Is 1 1/4 foot valve too big for a 2" well? I don't want to cause any restrictions in flow rate so I'm second guessing if no drop line would be better. Secondly, any recommendation on pump horsepower and foot valve depth (if that is the recommendation)? Thanks a bunch.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's a tight fit but there is a special footvalve that is made to go in a 2" well. A regular size 1-1/4" footvalve will not fit.

KyleW

Reaction score
The foot valve I have will fit down hole. Should I place it at 25 feet or a little shallower, say 20 or 22 feet so the jet pump capacity isn't reduced by pulling the water from deeper down.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
No matter how deep you put the foot valve, the pump is only lifting from the standing water level. You can put the foot valve 30' down and the pump will only see the 17' lift from the water level.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks