2 inch Water Well Air Volume Control System

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hello All, and Thank You Terry Love for these nice Forums.

I have a 2 inch water Well and was Looking at my Packer adapter on the top of the well where the Pump mounts, It is a vertical mount deep well Pump.

What I thought was a 1.25 inch Nipple adapter has a Square 1/4" hole in it, Could this be Normal ?

I find it hard to believe that a Square Hole would Rust into a Round Nipple, The Nipple is about 6 inches long and connects to the first section of the 1.25 inch drop pipe.

Could this be part of the Air Volume Control System ?

I read somewhere that there was a valve in the well for the AVC, and wounder if that could be part of it ?

I don't understand how a 1/4 X 1/4 inch opening could Auto-Magically appear.

Thanks For any info.

DonL.

DonL

Reaction score
Yes I will try to post a picture, If I can figure out how too.

DonL

Reaction score
Here is the picture of the square hole in the nipple. I was able to get the PVC unscrewed from the nipple but I am still working to get the nipple out of the adapter.

I think the square hole is just a fluke , but had me thinking.

I hope to get this thing working soon. I have a good neighbor, and do have water in the house.

Thank You for your help Texas Wellman, It is nice to have someone that has been there and done that. You are the best.

Link to Picture;
http://lcsc.net/terry_love/pics/sq_hole_in_nipple.jpg

sq_hole_in_nipple.jpg

DonL

"Beer is now cheaper than gas; drink don't drive"

DonL

Reaction score
Good Morning.

I am happy to report that I now have water again. Works very well now. It takes about 60 seconds for it to make up the 20 pound difference that the pressure switch is set at. Much better than the 15 minutes that is was taking.

I did have a problem at first, after getting it all put together, Pump would not prime. I filled the well pipes, mounted the pump, filled the prime hole where the meter mounts, still no prime, No water.

I am thinking , How did I screw up ? I scratched my head for about 1 Hour, Decided to put my vacuum gauge on the suction side of the pump where the Air Volume control would normally go. ( I do not use the AVC because it never worked for very long I just drain the tank when needed)

When I removed the plug to connect my gauges no water came out, I had to smile, because I knew that water should have been coming out.
I then continued to add water to the prime port, until water starting coming out of the vacuum hole, Then put the plug back in.

I reconnected my pressure gauge, Turned the power back on, and my wife did a TADA. Water was pumping again.
I have never seen a pump get air locked, I think that is what happened.

Anyway to make a long story shorter, My wife was very happy, as was I. After all that work, It worked.

Why I had it all apart I did disinfect using bleach, And the water is very clear now.

I want to Thank Texas Wellman, And Terry Love for making all this possible.
I am a Very Happy Camper.

Thank You Again Texas Wellman for all your help with my project, You are the Man.

Now I can do a TADA...

Have a Great Day.

DonL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks