2 inch vs 1.5 trap for kitchen sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by bbillcee, Mar 9, 2010.

1. bbillcee

bbillcee New Member

i have a 2 inch pvc 90 stubbed out under the sink....i was planning to install a 2 inch trap then use a 2 in to 1,5 reducer to connect to the tail piece

or would it be better to put an a 2 inch adapter at the 90 and use a 2 to 1.5 inch lock nut and step it down and use 1.5 for everything

which would be the better job?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

Neither way is necessarily "better" and both are equally adequate. Because of the long term benefits, I would use the reducer on the 2" and 1 1/2" tubing for the rest of the drain installation.
  3. bbillcee

bbillcee New Member

thanks HJ i just though maybe the 2 inch would having things flowing better...the 2 gal i replaced was down to about 3/4 with all the build up:eek: