2 Inch Galvanized Water Well

Users who are viewing this thread

Keith81

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2 inch galvanized water well that is 50 ft deep with 40 ft of drop pipe. Recently it started pumping a grayish colored sand and clogged the ejector in the bottom of the well. It has a single drop pipe and I believe that casing serves as a second pipe. We removed the pipe and ejector from the well and cleaned it. We replaced it and it started pumping with the sand again and now its reclogged. What causes this and how can I fix this problem with my well?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a new well with a proper screened casing or a deeper well drilled into bedrock.

Reach4

Reaction score
You could get your well cleaned out. There are those who can blow sand or other debris with a big air compressor.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You could rent the compressor and do it yourself. The problem is that the more sand you take out, the larger the cavern that is created and if the formation is unstable, it is likely to cave in again.

Keith81

Reaction score
ok thank you again. I was going to use it for irrigation but I may just have to try to drill one myself or have one installed. Its kind of like sandy property here in South Carolina.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
If you plan to drill your own well, consider putting a sand point on the bottom. They make a sand point with a ball check that opens to wash down the casing but then closes when water is drawn.

P8-01A.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks