2 inch deep well advice/help

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerred18

Reaction score
I am pulling a 1 inch line from a 2 inch galvinized casing. I pulled a couple of years ago (replaced everything new) and replaced the steel pipe with pvc pipe. I lost prime and the 1 inch pipe will not hold water so I am guessing the check valve is broke or stuck open from rust and build up. I pulled approx. 1o feet and the process just jammed tight, can't go up or down. Also will not turn. Prior to that is was coming along good until i back off the hoist and dropped back and jammed up. Any suggestions or tricks? I am scared the pvc pipe is going to break if I force it too much. Thanks in advance. oh well is approx. 80 feet.

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
thats the main reason deepwell pvc drop isn't preferred in steel wells. sometimes just messing with it can get the check valve working. push down some (beat it with something if you need to) and pour water down and around to see if it holds. if so hook it up and let it rock... if not cross your fingers and keep trying to work it out.

Jerred18

Reaction score
thats the main reason deepwell pvc drop isn't preferred in steel wells. sometimes just messing with it can get the check valve working. push down some (beat it with something if you need to) and pour water down and around to see if it holds. if so hook it up and let it rock... if not cross your fingers and keep trying to work it out.[/QUOTE
I am going to use a hoist, hopefully it will work free. The PVC seem like a good idea at the time. I was trying to decrease rust residual and decrease the wt of the pipe. After initial breaking free is was really easy hoisting until slipped back down and jammed. I hoping the leather cup just seized it up. thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks