2" drain for bath lavs

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by rmelo99, Nov 26, 2008.

1. rmelo99

rmelo99 Network Engineer

When I did the drain lines for my 2nd floor bath sinks I used 2" pvc. I also used 2" tees. Now that I'm getting ready to connect the sinks I have to figure out the best approach since bath lavs use 1.25" drains

Do they make a 2" to 1.25" trap adapter so I can go right into the tee with the trap and not use a bushing?

Should I use a 1.5" trap and then just go down to 1.25" at the trap to sink tailpiece?

Thanks
    Rem
  2. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Pluumbing, of course

For two lavs you need 2" until you separate them.
    Trap arms are 1-1/2"
    You can use a 1-1/2" trap with the 1-1/2" x 1-1/4" reducer at the tail piece of the lav drain assembly.

[​IMG]
  3. rmelo99

rmelo99 Network Engineer

thanks, unfortunatley i used 2" for my trap arms. :-(

I think I will use a 2"-1.5" flat bushing and the use a 1.5" trap. Then I will resize to 1.25" at the tailpiece.