1994 Three Handle Tub/Shower

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Yardjockey, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Yardjockey

Yardjockey New Member

Hi Folk! - I think my Model number for this three-handle is 83267. The booklet I have sez Model Series 83000. The diverter is worn. Lots of water comes out of the spout when mostly all of it should be sent to the shower head. Looking for the correct number for the diverter has been a trying affair. MOEN said they would call me back in an hour, suppliers I contact from on-line info say that the part numbers and model numbers seem to change rapidly and not to order from them until MOEN has assured me of my most correct model number! YIKES!! I pulled the diverter and sure enough the rear barrel portion of it is worn. I was also told the drawings MIGHT look like the part I'm holding in my hand, but it ain't necessarily so! Now I need a part number so I can order it. Or.... can I get some help from someone with an logical alternative to dealing with MOEN directly? Looking foward to hearing from you! --- EdP
  2. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

I would take the part to a moen supplier and say "This is what I need". It is hard not to figure it out then.
  3. Yardjockey

Yardjockey New Member

Thanks for the response. MOEN suggested a local True Value store. No deals there. They suggested a local plumbing outfit. Hmmmm. The chase is on! I put everything back together so's I could take a shower this morning. I'll get used to this one of these days! --- EdP