1989 utica boiler/slihgt humm

Users who are viewing this thread

4uzindian

Reaction score
i had tech put in new non adjustable inlet valve and pressure tnk or what its called.its a singleestory rancger.the pressure gauge on the boiler reads 30psi .before that it was always at 20psi.he said if it was really at 30 the pressure releif valve would open.part of baseboardin batroom is covvered by vanity.thi is wher the sound of running water is .not sloushing but the soun of a toilet refilling but not that loud.is it air in pipes .or the pressure valve should be replaced on the boiler.should i have the system purged for air?

4uzindian

Reaction score
thanks much for your fast answer .i'm going to call tech and have himm do that . i wiil repost in next couple of days to let you know of results.

4uzindian

Reaction score
back again.decided to purge one side of return lines myself. got lots of air out.filled bucket 5 times still had some small fizzle.then i turne on boiler to chck noise. bathroom still sounded like running water but not as much.also. now the output pipeon boiler when followed to living room has a slight low hum.any idea what it might be .or what i could try ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks