1955 American Standard Shelf Back faucet valves and sleeves

Users who are viewing this thread

mattdig

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know where I could get valve parts for a 1955 American Standard shelf back sink. The left hot water valve has loose threads after years of use, so some water leaks from the valve when turning. The second problem is that the hot water cannot be fully turned off (with a drip every 2 seconds). I am in need of a vintage American standard parts dealer.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ANY good parts store will have, or can get, the stems for that faucet, but it appears what you really need are washers, seats and a packing washer, which they may have in stock.

Linda M Brooks

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know where I could get valve parts for a 1955 American Standard shelf back sink. The left hot water valve has loose threads after years of use, so some water leaks from the valve when turning. The second problem is that the hot water cannot be fully turned off (with a drip every 2 seconds). I am in need of a vintage American standard parts dealer.

Thanks,

Matt
not true about plumbers having parts for a '55 sink. I have a 1955 American Standard shelf back sink, cross handles, and am trying to rebuild the faucets. DEA Bathroom Machineries has parts, they actually make some of them. I ordered new stems, stem nuts/seals and seats, but found the seats have courser threads than my originals. Contacting them now to see if I ordered the wrong parts. A later version of the shelf back sinks is the canopy handled, maybe called 're-nu?' It is hard to match the seals, but even so if your brass seats are worn, you need to replace them.

DSCN6563.JPG
DSCN6564.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks