1500 Gal saltwater septic???

Users who are viewing this thread

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
I have very hard water (52 G/gal) and .39 mg/L of Iron and so my water softener recharges quite often. (I live in Iron County, hence the high Iron content...) I am on septic and am afraid that I am going to kill the septic system with all the salt from recharging. Should I be worried and dump it into a pan to evaporate and provide a salt lick for my dogs?

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
Also, your local Health Department that issues septic permits should have knowledge of this situtation for guidance. I'm sure that you're not the first there.
Check with them to see what they recommend. A separate sump pit before the septic tank may be it. I highly doubt that they allow any above-ground discharge of anything these days (at least not here).
Good luck!
Mike

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks