12 volt DC/Solar pump

Users who are viewing this thread

dscogin

Reaction score
My first question for you guys. I haven't purchased anything yet so these are ballpark figures. I want to set a solar powered pump on a spring-fed creek at the back of my property. At first just to irrigate my vegetable garden with soaker-hoses and maybe later add on lawn sprinklers if the pump can handle it. The distance to the spring is about 650 ft. and a rise of about 40-50 ft. The pump can sit right on the creek... 1-5 ft above the water level. I've read some on a "shurflo 2088" but don't know enough to be sure if it can do the job or not. Don't need much pressure for the soaker hoses. Do you guys know of a reasonable priced 12V pump that can handle this job?

dscogin

Reaction score
I did some reading about ram pumps and I don't think the creek has enough fall. I would have to go too far up stream (off my property) to gain any elevation although I haven't done any calculating, or measuring, just eyeballing and rolling things around in my mind. It sure would be what I was wanting if it would work though. Thanks for the idea

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks