12" rough toilet that fits over hot water baseboard

Users who are viewing this thread

BruceM

Reaction score
I know this has been mildly addressed in the past but models change. I have hot water baseboard mounted on the wall behind the existing toilet, 2 1/2" deep and 8" high. I want to replace the existing toilet. Most new toilets base plates almost touch the wall in the back when mounted. Anyone found a toilet that will fit in front of the baseboard?
Thanks!!!

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I know this has been mildly addressed in the past but models change. I have hot water baseboard mounted on the wall behind the existing toilet, 2" deep and 8" high. I want to replace the existing toilet. Most new toilets base plates almost touch the wall in the back when mounted. Anyone found a toilet that will fit in front of the baseboard?
Thanks!!!

Well, the Toto Drake (CST744S) is a champ when it comes to space behind the toilet on a true 12" rough-in. If the rough-in is truly 12", you end up with about 1-3/4" from the back of the china foot to the wall.

However, if your baseboard is really 2" deep, then you have a problem, unless you could move the toilet forward a bit, perhaps with an offset flange (which is otherwise not an optimal solution) or just cheating it forward a bit on the flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks