12" rough and 14" rough !!!!

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Tully23, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Tully23

Tully23 New Member

Is the bowl of a 12" rough toilet the same Dimensions of a bowl for a 14" rough toilet. For example, if i have a Kohler Wellworth toilet 12" rough and it is off the wall almost 3 inches. Can i buy a 14" rough tank of the same toilet. Not sure if this makes sense.

Thanks!!!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

On most toilets, the bowl for a 14" rough-in is a 12" bowl with a thicker tank. As far as I know, Toto is the only company that uses the same toilet on 10, 12, and 14" (same bowl and tank), then uses an adapter to account for the rough-in variation. BUT, it only uses this on some of the toilet - those that use the Unifit adapter. And, no, this doesn't work on other brands.

So, the answer is probably. Given the performance of many Kohler toilets these days, my preference would be to junk it and buy a new Toto with the proper Unifit adapter. It might end up costing about the same