11" rough-in

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by joelprice, May 7, 2010.

1. joelprice

joelprice New Member

I have a 11" rough-in and want to know if the 12" Toto Aquia III I ordered will work? I know, I should have measured first before ordering.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Aquia III needs 11.5"
    The Drake needs 10-7/8"
  3. joelprice

joelprice New Member

Thanks... Terry. If I was able to get a 10" Aquia would that work? Do you know of anyone in the San Diego area who has the 10" Aquia in stock?
  4. Terry

The CST412MF.10 would work.
    I don't know about San Diego, I work with an outfit in Claremont, they go down to SD once a week, but they charge $50 for that.
  5. sdradius

sdradius New Member

11 3/8" Rough-In?

I have a 11 3/8" rough-in. I would go with the CST744SF.10 but it only comes in universal height and I prefer it lower.

So the Drake will work with a 11 3/8" rough-in? My remodeler is concerned about the fit. Do the CST743S and the CST744S both require the same amount of space?

Thanks!!
  6. Terry

They work at 10-7/8"
    If you see an old pdf, it's just that, old.

The CST744EF.10 would stick out from the wall 2"
  7. sdradius

sdradius New Member

Thanks Terry! Do you know if I can find a PDF somewhere that says that? It would help me to prove that it will fit.
  8. Terry

We install them. Hundreds of them. I'm not going to bother making a pdf for you saying that.

If you don't believe someone that has installed hundreds, then you might as well pick up the 10" rough and have it set out 2" from the wall.

Free advice is given freely, but I'm pretty busy to be making diagrams of things I've been doing for years.
    I know what works from experience, if your handyman needs documentation for something as simple as the installation of a toilet, perhaps he's in the wrong field.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  9. sdradius

sdradius New Member

Thanks Terry. I'm also considering the UltraMax. You had said elsewhere the UltraMax requires a 11 1/4" rough-in. Does that mean with a 11/4" rough-in, the tank would actually be touching the wall?

Thanks again!
  10. Terry

Yes,
    The tank would touch the wall with the Ultramax at 11-1/4"
  11. Amybchen

Amybchen New Member

12. sdradius

sdradius New Member

And Terry is correct. Thank you very much!! The Drake fit just fine with the 11 3/8" rough-in. The installer said it was tight, but worked, and there's plenty of space to the wall. There's actually more space to the wall than with the previous toilet.

So if anyone has a 11 3/8" rough-in and is concerned, here's a testimonial that it worked. Thanks again to Terry. Saved me from having a Wellworth installed. :)