11" rough in??? Do I get 10" toilet or is there another option

Users who are viewing this thread

banterer

Reaction score
11.5, 13.5 rough ins

Hello,

I'm new here and no a plumber. After tiling one bathroom (and in the middle of tiling another, I decided to look into getting a Toto. I want to buy 2 Totos (Aquia II and Guinevere) and know that the RI is ideally supposed to be 12" away from the finished wall. I want to put them in a historical house that has toilets in no particular place and the RI in one toilet measures 11.5 and in the other 13.5. What is done is these cases?

How critical is this 12" dimension?

Thanks,
Jorge

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia II needs 11.5" on the rough and the Guinevere needs 11.25" on the rough.

On the 13.5" rough, the toilet sets out a bit farther from the wall. With the Guinevere, you could install with the 10" Unift and pull it back 2" closer to the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks