10 inch rough toilet won't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

plumdrum

Reaction score
The center of the 3 inch ci drain is 8 1/4 inches off finished wall. I'm told an old toilet was hooked up to it. The wall hasn't moved. Does anyone know of a toilet that would fit or should I just start jackhammering?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that being nearly two inches short, the toilet won't fit!

Just how 'short' is it when trying to install the new one? You can fudge maybe as much as 1/4-3/8", but not any more by having the toilet slightly off-center on the flange.

Industry standard toilets in the USA have been 12" for ages. Whenever you get to 10 or 14" (the only other ones available), your choices go way down, and sometimes, the prices go way up since they don't make as many.

So, your best choice may be to move the flange to 12" to expand the toilet choices. Your 10" one will fit, but it will stick out into the room those extra 2". Personally, if I were going to go to the trouble of moving it (and it sounds like your choice is keep the old one or move it), I'd go to 12", and not 10.

Reach4

Reaction score
Close. Duravit D14023-00 is 8.5 inches, based on a search.

Exclude baseboard when measuring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks