1" Male Threaded In-line Jar-Top Sprinkler Control Valve not working right help

Users who are viewing this thread

anixon92

Reaction score
hello
well i brought a manifold with 3 - 1" inline jar top valves orbit. i have hookup manifold to water supply line with 30lbs pressure. i have 2 valves leaking around the top pc. that the solenoid screws into. i have tight every pc as tight as i can and still leaking. plus the 2 valves will not shut off complety.
i'm completly confused with these valves. these were brand new valves that came with the manifold.
also confused with solenoids. are the plugers in solenoids to move freely up and down inside solenoid. i took each solenoid and hook it up to timer and when turned on the plugger goes inside solenoid and when power is off pops back out but you can freely push plugger with no pressure..
i need help please. i been working on these valves for the pass 4 hours had to stop and drink a few before these valves when flying in the woods behide my house.
thanks
al

Fireguy97

Irrigation Contractor
Reaction score
hello
well i brought a manifold with 3 - 1" inline jar top valves orbit. i have hookup manifold to water supply line with 30lbs pressure. i have 2 valves leaking around the top pc. that the solenoid screws into. i have tight every pc as tight as i can and still leaking. plus the 2 valves will not shut off complety.
i'm completly confused with these valves. these were brand new valves that came with the manifold.
also confused with solenoids. are the plugers in solenoids to move freely up and down inside solenoid. i took each solenoid and hook it up to timer and when turned on the plugger goes inside solenoid and when power is off pops back out but you can freely push plugger with no pressure..
i need help please. i been working on these valves for the pass 4 hours had to stop and drink a few before these valves when flying in the woods behide my house.
thanks
al

Are the valves not working, not working right, or leaking? Where is it leaking? Is ir leaking at the threads, solinoid, housing, or the heads?

It sounds like the valves are leaking, and not what your thread title states.

You better be drinking more. You purchased Orbit, the cheapest of the cheap, and you are wondering why they are leaking? The way to fix it, is to remove the entire manifold, and replace it with a manifold from Hunter, or Toro, or Rainbird, or K-Rain.

Orbit uses cheap parts made from cheap molds. It is less expensive for my customers to have me pull everything made by Orbit and replace it with professional products, than for me to charge my hourly rate to try hour after hour to try to fix these problems. You might think that they are fixed, then they will leak again.

i have 2 valves leaking around the top pc. that the solenoid screws into. i have tight every pc as tight as i can

I've been an Irrigation Contractor for a lot of years, but I have no idea what a pc is. It might be called something else here, but I still don't know what it is.

Mick

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks